I joined the Universal Zulu Nation back in 1992/93.
At one point I ran a few chapters.My daughter was born and I assumed being a Dad and kinda turned my back on the whole thing.Passing the position on to a trusted member at the time.One thing I’ll never turn my back on is Hip Hop culture.
There are 4 elements that make up this culture called Hip Hop.
- The DJ – The man/woman behind the music.Using music to cool the savage beast.
- The MC -The man/woman behind the DJ.Painting the scene with words of the times and /or area they live.
- The Break Boy/Girl(aka The B-Boy/Girl) – The man/woman who reps where they live through various dance styles,break dancing and crews.
- The Graffiti artist (aka Graf) – Using spray paint to rep where they come from and what’s the latest slang /event in their area.
I raised myself on Hip Hop. I study Hip Hop. I AM HIP HOP. I love Hip Hop!
So , I began this blog.I’ll use this as my way to show you MY love for the Culture. What will I do with it? Stay tuned.
Let’s start with my man Curtis…He’s a B-Boy.I have a recent battle from him.
Check these out ( He’s the Brother in red ):
- What’s Wrong With Hip Hop? (onemictwogods.wordpress.com)
- Hologram Tupac TWITTER: “So many digital haters. Only Tron can judge me” (soulofsydney.org)
- Hip Hop Culture 101 – The Golden Era by ReAsOn DiSciPLe (davidicalhiphop.wordpress.com)
- Happy Bday Afrika Bambaataa & Kool Herc…Looking back at the Early Years of Hip Hop (hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Book Notes: A Breakdown of the Latest Urban Reads Shouts Out Hip-Hop Books That Matter (digiindie.wordpress.com)